The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

icon appears in Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jckno9, May 6, 2006.

1. jckno9

jckno9 Registered

Hello

My name is Jules.

I am new to this site, so please bear with me if my question is daft!

Today i went to Cpanel on a clients' site, i used File Manager then went via www folder to his index page to make a small change.

Oddly once i saved the page ( via HTML Editor) this icon appeared on the live site.

Â

At times it appeared a few times ÂÂ on the live site.

I went back into Cpanel and yes, it was the same, the Â's had appeared there as well.

Now, i only initially added a full stop on the index page of my clients page and now i've got an outbreak of  !!

Any advice would be greatfully accepted.

Many thanks

Jules

2. livesol

livesol Active Member

Us too, does anyone have a fix for this. We have changed the encoding on our htm pages to UTF-8 but still we are getting odd characters when we save a file using WysiwygPro.

3. andreseso

andreseso Member

Exactly same problem

Our cpanel build is WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R83. Wysiwygpro is totally unusable for our spanish clients. We have a page that is content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" and we edit it with Wysiwygpro. Everthing is okay until we view it with our browser. All the accented characters have become seriously ugly. Wysiwygpro has converted everything to UTF-8.

I change the content type to content="text/html; charset=utf8" and the page shows up perfectly in the browser. All the accents are displayed perfectly. I view it in Wysiwygpro and the weird characters appear. Seems like Wysiwygpro reads iso-8859-1 and writes utf8.

This is completely and absolutely useless for us.

Andres

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

5. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately the version in stable has a security vulnerability that allows remote hackers to deface the website. Downgrade to stable is not recommended.

6. livesol

livesol Active Member

So, we are damned if we do and damned if we dont, either way, our pages will be defaced. Either by hackers or the WYSIWYG program itself:rolleyes:

7. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

The hackers option is only a possibility, not an absolute. At least our customers are happy they can use the editor again.

I have scripts monitoring my server so if something unwanted is done, I'll know within 10 minutes.

I'd like to switch back to current asap though. That's the build I've been using for the last couple years with no problems until now.

8. livesol

livesol Active Member

We have just rolled back to the last Stable version and the editor is fine now, so at least our customers are happy:)