The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help with my VPS hosting please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hydroburn, Aug 2, 2007.

1. hydroburn

hydroburn Member

Hi there,

i'm using custom VPS from godaddy .. But i keep facing a lot of different problems with the cPanel .. but godaddy doesnt wants to help as they say i'm using the unmanaged plan .. if any of you nice members could advice me?

and i receive this email as well :

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

These message can actually be safely ignored as PNGgraph has been removed by cPanel. Login to your VPS as root and try the below thing:

vi /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules
    Search PNGgraph and replace it with Chart::PNGgraph and execute the command

/scripts/perlinstaller Chart::PNGgraph

This should stop the email related to PNGgraph.

For register_globals error, edit the file /usr/local/lib/php.ini, search for

register_globals = Off
    and replace it with
    register_globals = On

save the file and restart apache.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Just a note, but if you obtained your cPanel license with the VPS from Godaddy, then this is wrong. They are obliged with their contract with cPanel to offer first line support for cPanel issues and must log tickets on your behalf with cPanel for issues that they are unable to resolve. If they are not doing this, then you should report them to cPanel directly as they are not adhering to their license contract.

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I have several clients under my service from NOdaddy, they experienced the same trouble. They seem to offer no support or and provide a generic reply stating the request is out of their control or not reply at all. Worst service I ever heard stories about from clients. I highly recommend finding a descent provider.

5. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

I agree when it comes to GoDaddy. Their support is pathetic. While I don't think it's appropriate to list another host here, there are plenty of cPanel providers who'd be happy to have more business and they will give good support.

Mine does.

Peace,
    Gene Steinberg