The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A more... simple cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harveycarpenter, Jul 20, 2005.

1. harveycarpenter

Hi

Firstly, I think WHM is great. Does absolutely everything I need and more. I've got it integrated with other software, and all is well.

Except one thing. cPanel. cPanel's also a brilliant piece of software. Problem is, not for what I need it for! As you can imagine, a free webhost giving each of their users a cPanel isn't ideal. Mainly because that level of contol simply isn't needed for free accounts, and because the design needs to fit in with the rest of the site (I know cPanel is skinnable, but it's still too complex for a free host!).

Is there a user end control panel that will "run off" WHM? Something similar to cPanel, but much, much less advanced and easier to customise. Even a version of cPanel that somebody's modified for it to be simpler would be great (although I'm not sure how updates would work then...).

Thanks for your time.

2. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

You do know that you can adjust the amount of control users have by using the feature manager inside the packages right?

3. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

Go to feature manager and create a new feature list. Say free hosting and uncheck all the stuff you don't want your free accounts to use.

Tracy

4. harveycarpenter

*Hits himself*

Perfect.

Feel really silly now :rolleyes:

Thanks