The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A name server has added to my server ....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4402734, Sep 20, 2005.

1. 4402734

4402734 Active Member

Has my server hacked?plz help

Yesterday, i checked my name servers and saw that a new name server has added to my name servers list. i am trying to delete it but see the message of Sorry, the nameserver ip xx.xxx.xx.xx cannot be removing since it is still registered with an ICANN register..
    this name server is DNA1.VONGOO.COM.

please help me to know what happened.

#1 4402734, Sep 20, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  2. -jdk-

-jdk- Well-Known Member

Why not go in and edit the file manually? I believe it is located at /etc/nameserverips

Do you own this domain? If not I would try contacting the person who does and ask why they are using your ips's for nameservers. On the second hand who added the nameserver to your server? Did it get hacked?

3. 4402734

4402734 Active Member

I don`t own this domain.
    How can edit that file?i am very new on WHM & linux
    i don`t know, how can release that my server has hacked ?i never don`t add that name server to my server.

#3 4402734, Sep 20, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  4. Specks

Specks Well-Known Member

Its doesn't matter whether you own that domain or not. If its not yours and it still shows up then all you can do is edit the nameserverip file. Its located in /etc, use emacs or vi to edit it. If you're new to Linux I strongly suggest you go and buy a book on the OS your using or go to the distro's website and read the manual. You can search for vi or vim on Google. Welcome to the University of Hard Knocks.