The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a Perl Script stops working after cpanel updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bashprompt18, Nov 13, 2004.

1. bashprompt18

bashprompt18 Active Member

I have a Customer running some perl scripts and one of them will quit working after a cpanel update and then at some point it will start working again after an update. I have been killing myself to track this down, but it doesn't log anything it uses CGI::Carp to
    redirect the error to the screen and it's just giving an invalid email address.

This script is for people to ask questions about Rental cabins, it's a mail form and
    it has hooks into the rest of the site and Data files, all permissions are fine but
    it will not send mail and it says invalid email address, nothing in any of the EXIM
    log files I did a tail -f on the exim main log and did the form and nothing.

I am sure this will get fixed again during another update but I can't keep going through
    this with my Customer it's not fun :(

To see error in action go to http://www.tahoecabinrentals.com/bearlodge/

-John

2. bashprompt18

bashprompt18 Active Member

Well After another Cpanel update the Script is working again. I can't find what is causing this I just know it's only SOME TIMES when the server updates, We happen to nail it down to the updates because of the last time it worked and it stopped 12 hours later.

Has anyone else had this problem?

-John