The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Problem with reseller account changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WebIdentity, Oct 2, 2004.

1. WebIdentity

WebIdentity Member

Hi,

I've been using cPanel for a few years now, along with other Control Panel applications. I can say dealing with the ups and downs of all of them i can safely say cPanel wins over the rest of them.

Account Migration has been a bit too dreamy for me after having to deal with the same issue on an ensim box not so long ago, a task under ensim which takes weeks can be reduced into one day with the account migration tool under cPanel.

BUT! and there is always is a but. I've wanted change the ownerships of the users from one reseller to another, but two things happen a) they change on the list all accounts in the root listing but they dont change for the reseller. WTH is going on there :) ?

Anyway not sure if's a bug but it is a fresh install of cPanel and i've configured a few of these things to know how to get it up and running so i'm not sure whats really going on. Maybe you guys can offer assistance in this matter.

Thanks.

2. Host4u2

Host4u2 Well-Known Member

That is strange. Only yesterday I transfered 27 accounts from one reseller to another without a hitch. All shows up as it should for both root and the reseller(s). I'm running WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-S65.

3. Cozminsky

Cozminsky Member

I'm having the same problem with WHM 9.7.2 cPanel 9.7.7-R15.

Worked fine on older versions of Cpanel. Might try upgrading.

4. rwoody

rwoody Member

Similiar Problem

I just created a new reseller and added an account to that reseller and in the "list accounts" screen of the Resellers WHM, neither the reseller's own account nor his customer's account is showing up. However, if you go to any other screens such as "Modify or Upgrade account" or Change Password", both accounts are there for modification. They are also both show up in the screen for bandwidth usage. I have about 7 resellers on this server and do not have this issue. I'm very confused. I've verified all the settings and they are identical. This account has reseller privilages and proper IP usage is assigned.

I'm using WHM 9.7.2 and cPanel 9.7.3-C4

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. This is a new reseller, so I really need to fix this asap. ( A Bit embarrasing :eek: )

Thanks

Ruth in AZ

An added note: If you go to the Reseller's Cpanel, in the drop down menu for "manage other accounts", his customer's account does not appear there either. In all of my other reseller accounts, they can reach their customers cpanel's from this point, of course with limited permissions, but they can reach them. There's is definitely some issue now in adding resellers. I just moved to the server about a month ago and this is a new cPanel install as of that date. My old server never had these issues, but unfortunately, I don't remember the version of WHM or cPanel loaded there. But all but this account was brought across with their reseller settings already in place. This may has something to do with my issue. Sorry for long edit.....

#4 rwoody, Oct 7, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  5. rwoody

rwoody Member

My problem resolved

I put in a ticket and was advised to upgrade. Once that was done my problem was fixed.