The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A record issue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane_from_UK, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Shane_from_UK

Shane_from_UK Active Member

Hi,

After very long time, I am having great issue. For some reason hacker setting A record as per my prestigious domains name dedicated ip. For example my domain is test123.com and having ip 192.168.0.1, hacker simply pinging my domain name and getting domain ip and setting our ip address to there phishing domain names (not showing any whois records). So that hackers domain name showing content as per our domain test123.com or ip 192.168.0.1 content.

My question is how I can deny to set such A records? so that my domain is only work with my server ip.

Awaiting for reply.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You cannot prevent another site from using the same IP as your domain in their DNS zones any more than you could prevent someone from forwarding emails from their account to your email account.

Of note, setting their domain to point to yours would only result in anyone going to their domain ending up at your site instead. Since they do not control the content on your site nor have access to your machine, there isn't anything they can actually do to your domain. It would only end up giving your site more traffic and doesn't benefit them as they don't control the stats, content or server for your domain.

3. Shane_from_UK

Hi,

Any body else, who actually provide us some script name or tool which actually stop such attack......

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  5. Shane_from_UK

Hi,

Please do not update thread with unrelated replies for count only, make sure that you first read thread and then reply it.

6. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    With almost 5300 posts, I don't think Infopro is trying to increase his message count at all.

If you have a firewall set up, you can block the IP address of the hacker's site so they won't be able to get anything off of your server. If you are using mod_security, you should be able to set up a mod_security rule to block anyone that is referred by the hacker's IP address.