Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

A Record?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C.J, Jul 17, 2005.

1. C.J

C.J Registered

I own gtasaland.com and have an InvisionFree forum. I made a subdomain forums.gtasaland.com. How can I make the forums.gtasaland.com turn into the InvisionFree forum. eg. go to forums.gtasaland.com and view my InvisionFree forums. Someone said to "You'll have to create an A Record for the subdomain, and point it to the IP of the board's server (found in your Domain manager).

After that is set, go to ACP > Domain Manager, add the subdomain without the http://www, and set it as primary." How can I create an A Record for a subdomain. Can someone gve me full instructions please.

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

You only need to create a subdomain named forums.gtasaland.com from your cpanel. It will create a folder named forums in your public_html file. Navigate the folder and upload all your forum pages in this folder. Verify your dns zone entries..they should look like

Replace IP-ADDR with IP address of gtasaland.com.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 nickb, Jul 17, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2005