About The Current cPanel Forums Design

• Total voters

Chi.C.J.Rajeeva Lochana

May 27, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Me, when I was a new user, I was having a hard time finding the button to post threads/questions. I don't know where else to post this thread. Is there a place for cPanel Forums feature requests? Anyways, new users might find it hard to ask a question, like for example, users from Stack Exchange sites, would find it difficult to post new threads. So adding a button at the top which moves the page down to the place where the categories are. Or maybe adding a link at the top which goes to a page which explains on how to create a thread, would be great. Because it would allow more users to interact with the forums easily. It is my opinion to improve the forums, and make it a greater place for newer cPanel users.

Moving on, I absolutely like the new cPanel Forums design, it is much more user friendly, but a few more improvments would make it more user-friendly :D

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Chi.C.J.Rajeeva Lochana

I'd love to make anything easier for new users and I appreciate your feedback. Can you clarify where you weren't seeing the post thread button? The post thread and reply buttons are both at the top of each forum. For example:

post thread.png

Chi.C.J.Rajeeva Lochana

May 27, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
@cPanelLauren It only appears after choosing a category :D And there is no explanation that basically tells you to click on those categories (atleast to my knowledge). Which confused newer users. A new user would most likely try to ask their question. And likely assume that those categories are for listing questions. Which might make it confusing for them. I also understand that developing a website that is responsive and user-friendly is the hardest thing to do.

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
@cPanelLauren It only appears after choosing a category :D And there is no explanation that basically tells you to click on those categories (atleast to my knowledge). Which confused newer users. A new user would most likely try to ask their question. And likely assume that those categories are for listing questions. Which might make it confusing for them. I also understand that developing a website that is responsive and user-friendly is the hardest thing to do.
I see what you mean, the thing is we want to encourage users to enter a category that matches their question, the hope is to identify a solution before asking a question rather than just blindly asking. I feel like if we were to put a post thread button on the entry or landing page it would encourage users not to look for a resolution before they post.

Chi.C.J.Rajeeva Lochana

May 27, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
@cPanelLauren I understand the concept now :) Thats a good thing to do. Never thought of that. If that is the case, there is absolutely no need to improve cPanel Forums in this particular matter. Maybe, cPanel could make a place where people could ask for improvements, and features, basically reporting bugs. I would say, this is one of the best developed websites right now :) Encouraging users to enter a category reduces duplicate threads, I assume.

• Love
Reactions: cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren

Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Encouraging users to enter a category reduces duplicate threads, I assume.
Exactly!

Maybe, cPanel could make a place where people could ask for improvements, and features, basically reporting bugs.
I could probably do this for forums specifically - I'll add it to my meeting notes to run it by the rest of the team. For the cPanel product itself, we have the feature request site at https://features.cpanel.net