The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a2enmod not on my system, what is equivalent module installer for apache2?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by cam94z28, Feb 27, 2008.

1. cam94z28

cam94z28 Member

I need to install the mod_rewrite module. Everything i see referenced to installing this module says to use 'a2enmod', but this is not on my system (Centos5/Cpanel). What is the equivalent command in cpanel to add modules to apache2?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    a2enmod is primarily a Debian thing (I think).

If you are using EasyApache 3, then the mod_rewrite module is installed by default.

3. cam94z28

cam94z28 Member

I am using the WHM "Apache Update." mod_rewrite is not showing up as one of the installed modules. The reason I need to make sure it's installed, is that one of the main sites on my server is now showing a skeleton of a site with no graphics or layout. It uses Rewrites to Call CSS from a non-public directory. Basic rewrites like directory listings seem to be working, but it is not calling the CSS properly. Cpanel Error log is showing file not found, when it should be rewriting to the new path.

My previous server still loads it fine. It is running apache 1 with mod_rewrites manually installed.

What is the equivalent of a2enmod to be used with cpanel or CentOS 5.

#3 cam94z28, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. cam94z28

cam94z28 Member

NOTE: There must be a problem with the WHM Compiler. I ran easyapache from ssh, with the previous config and it worked flawlessly.

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They are the same. WHM can encounter memory issues due to the extra overhead of running through WHM, but other wise the Apache Update is merely a HTML frontend to /scripts/easyapache