The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ability to Brand the Login Page

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by basshook, Jul 1, 2012.

1. basshook

basshook Active Member

I would like to see the ability to brand the Cpanel login page without having to go through the hassle of downloading a current theme, making the changes to the images etc then tar the theme ball file and ssh it to the server. If you can brand the the other parts of the Cpanel themes in Whm why not the login page it doesn't make any sense. :(

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Actually, with the new login theme, you also have the option to create a new login theme, it just isn't available in the GUI for some of the steps that I could find.

The login themes are located at /usr/local/cpanel/base/unprotected folder (these are cpanel, cpanel-legacy and mobile). If you copy the cpanel one, you can then make changes to it and switch to using that theme.

First copy it and call it cpanel-new for example:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/unprotected
    cp -R cpanel cpanel-new
    Go to WHM > Tweak Settings, and now select cpanel-new in "Default Login Theme"

Make your changes to the files, then upload the changes and they should show up for the theme. You might have to rebuild the sprites, not sure on that as I didn't make any file changes at this point.

I agree this is a good feature request for branding it, but hopefully the above is a better way to change the login theme only without impacting the cPanel theme.

Thanks!

3. basshook

basshook Active Member

Thanks for your reply. I know that you have the option to create a new login theme using the technique you describe. I want to be able to do everything with windows 7 however as my technical skills are poor. Which is why being able to do it right inside of WHM would be the way to go.

I cannot figure out how to create a tar.gz file after downloading the cpanel theme and just changing the images. I have tried googling for answers and come up with various scripts like 7zip etc but not much in the way of documentation on how to take the newly created cpanel directory and turn it into a tar.gz file. If I could figure out how to do that I could then use the upload feature in the Main >> Themes >> Universal Theme Manager >>Manage Login Themes section.

4. Eric

Eric Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy,

I found winrar to work for me or you could sftp it back to the cPanel server and untar it there.

Thanks!