Ability to lock server or accounts aka maintenance mode

tonytiger

Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Would it be possible to have a toggle (per account or entire server) to lock access from internet.
Preferable with password access and prevention of indexing files in search engines.

I am aware that this is doable from websites with htaccess and such but i am looking for easier administration directly from cpanel/whm.
I use cPanel for dev purposes in some cases and need to lock down, fool proof, for non technical users since we are a couple of users working with the server.

Is this something that can be done from the interface of whm, settings in the base files or has anyone done this before?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This isn't something that is native to cPanel, I know there are a lot of CMS installations that would perform this but not something that would be normal to have on a server wide level. Feel free to open a feature request using the link in my signature though if you'd like to see something like this added.

Reactions: Frenzo Harry

tonytiger

Registered
Sep 3, 2019
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is a password/prevent access from folder protect in cpanel for each account. Since cPanel/whm is in the graphical world i would prefer toggles as well as serverwide, settings. Making a feature request and hope that there is some sort of interest in this. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: cPanelLauren