Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Aborted connection errors after upgrade to MariaDB 10.2

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by celiac101, Aug 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. celiac101

celiac101 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I recently upgraded from MariaDB 10.1 to 10.2, and am seeing lots of these kind of errors, but I don't seem to be losing data or notice any issues besides the warnings:

2018-08-21 15:57:48 140579807250176 [Warning] Aborted connection 926492 to db: 'database_name' user: 'site_user' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

This also could be related to a recent change where I moved a php banner files to a different user account, but they still use the same database. So site1 has the site php files, and it uses a database that belongs to site2.

After researching it I tried:
    1) Adding the additional mysql access hosts on root and in the site mysql users areas, so the ip and site name from each site can be valid database users;

2) Changed these different settings to increase them:
    set @@global.max_connections = 750;
    SET GLOBAL max_allowed_packet = 1024 * 1024 * 256;

So far I can't stop the error. I don't believe it has anything to do with the scripts, as the error began recently.

Any ideas?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @celiac101,

The discussion on the following third-party URL suggests the warnings appear in MariaDB 10.2 due to a change in the default log-warnings configuration setting:

MariaDB 10.2.14 (Got timeout reading communication packets)

Thus, it's likely the behavior was occurring before the MariaDB 10.2 upgrade, but simply were not reported in the log. The URL above also includes some suggestions to potentially address the issue.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. celiac101

celiac101 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I read through the thread, tried various options there to address this issue, however, nothing would work (other than to stop logging the errors, which isn't a good solution).

Is this something that cPanel would look at if I created a ticket?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @celiac101,

It's not considered to be within our scope of support because it relates to the customization and performance of your MySQL/MariaDB configuration. I recommend using a MySQL tuning application like the one noted on this thread to see if making any of it's suggested configuration changes helps to address the issue:

mysqlmymonlite.sh server stats gathering tool for cPanel Server

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...