Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aborted connections for user modsec

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by stormy, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I've enabled log-warnings=2 on my.cnf, in order to fine tune MySQL on my servers, and I'm seeing a lot of entries like these:

Aborted connection 9068 to db: 'modsec' user: 'modsec' host: 'localhost' (Got timeout reading communication packets)

I also see those for regular users, but I wasn't expecting errors for users modsec and eximstats.

How can I troubleshoot this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you try increasing the max_allowed_packet value in your /etc/my.cnf file and let us know if the issue persists? Note that I'd recommend using a MySQL tuning utility to see if there are additional values to adjust. You can find one at:

mysqlmymonlite.sh server stats gathering tool for cPanel Server

Thank you.

3. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    MySQL has been tuned numerous times with mysqltuner.pl, it doesn't show any advice that could be related to this. max_allowed_packet is already quite high (512M). Can you recommend a value that is known to work?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The issue could be related to something else if the value is already at 512M. Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look to see what's causing that error message. You can post the ticket number here and we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.