The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About multiple domain hosting under one single account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twiztv, Jan 3, 2003.

1. twiztv

twiztv Member

Ok here's the thing: with Cpanel you can host unlimited domain with one single account. But how?

I mean you need one domain to create your account (i.e domain1.com), and I know you can host more domain by using the pointed domains thing (i.e mydomain2.com would be redirected to subdomain1.mydomain1.com).

What I want to know is how to offer real multiple domain hosting, allowing people to manage multiple domain with Cpanel and email for each domain and all that under one single account.

Thanks

2. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

In WHM when setting up your Plans (or modifying accounts), look for an option called 'Add-On Domains'. These are the domains that you are looking for. The user can then set up their Add-ons in their Cpanel under domain management (as if they were adding a sub-domain). Speaking of Sub-domains, Add-ons use sub-domains so be sure to set a similar value to the number of sub-domains allowed that you do for Add-ons.

3. twiztv

twiztv Member

Thanks a lot. But

will the client also get an email for his second domain. I know that if he created a subdomain in his primary account (i.e subdomain.mydomain1.com) then he can get an email under the form whatever@subdomain.mydomain1.com but then if he uses the subdomain as a domain addon (i.e mydomain2.com) will the email whatever@subdomain.mydomain1.com become automatically whatever@mydomain2.com?

Am I clear enough :)

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

It sounds like what you may need is to give the client a reseller account with a specific amount of space and bandwidth and allow him to create as many accounts as he wants himself. That way each account will be totally seperate.

5. mrprez

mrprez Well-Known Member

Add-on domains email will get routed to the default of the primary domain.

John

6. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

With our add-on domains, you can get mail at the addon domain. When you are in your main CPanel account and go to set up a new e-mail address, the drop down has the top level domain, sub-domain, and add on...

username@maindomain.com
    username@addon.maindomain.com
    username@addon.com

7. iain-pczap.net

iain-pczap.net Active Member

ok say i have domain1.com and domain2.com
    when i goto add-on domains i create dm2.domain1.com and point domain2.com to it.

Then when I go to create email page it asks if I wish to create email @domain1.com or @domain2.com

that clear for you?

8. twiztv

twiztv Member

Got it! Thanks everyone!

9. fogboy

fogboy Registered

still not working

after reading all the replies here and in all the other similar posts, i still cannot get multiple domains to work. note first of all i'm not a reseller, i'm only using cPanel, not WHM. but admin at eryxma has said yes for sure you can have multip domain under just cPanel.

in the previous reply,
    iain-pczap.net said:

"ok say i have domain1.com and domain2.com
    when i goto add-on domains i create dm2.domain1.com and point domain2.com to it."

so that's what i'm working from here, but perhaps i'm misunderstanding it. can someone please layout the steps to take one at a time, and be very specific about which cPanel tool to use for which action? thanks. here's the details of my problem:

so, i have domain1.com and i've added domain2.com under "Addon Domains" and cPanel in turn set up domain2dir, a new directory for that domain.

then, i set up subdomain redirection so that domain2dir goes to domain2.com.

and domain2.com is not visible on the web. note that yes, dns has been properly set up (i know because i first did it as a parked domain and it showed the content of domain1.com just fine) and i've waited for propogation.

10. balas

balas Registered

If Im right now:

I can have one cpanel account with multiple totally independent domains in it?

for example

cpanel account:

-domain1.com
    -domain2.com
    -domain3.com

and @ accounts, sobdomains, etc for all of them?

for example:

www.sub1.domain1.com
    mail@domain2.com
    www.domain3.com/somedir/anything
    ... and so on

if thats correct, what exactly should I set up and where? (I have root access everywhere)

I found many threads about that but everybody talks different things about that :(
    So far I tried few hours and all the time I have some errors doing that :(
    for example: "Can't Change the master entry (www)."

thx in advance for your help :)