The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About name servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlosseochemis, Jun 8, 2009.

1. carlosseochemis

carlosseochemis Registered

hi, i have a dedicated server in spain and i've installed cpanel. I'm having some problems with the hosting company because they say i have to create my own name server:

"CPanel has his own DNS Service, so you have to create a hosting in the CPanel and use your server IP as the DNS server of your domains. In CPanel you can configure the Zones to your Domain."

I think if i managed to do this, but when i go to godaddy and i try to change the name server to the one i've created they say " name server not registered"

is there some place where i could go and learn how to do this?

thanks.

2. JPC-Shaun

JPC-Shaun Well-Known Member

Hi;

You can use the IPs attached to the server to register the name servers. If you have any confusion about this then ask your current host to provide you the IPs to register the name servers . You can only register name servers with the same registrar that your domain name is registered with.

Usually nameserver registration is free of cost. Once you register your own nameservers then you will have to point your domain,s to these newly registered nameservers. After doing that your domains will start loading from your dedicated server.

3. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Good Day,

Once you have your name servers setup on your cPanel box, you will have to add them through GoDaddy. In your domain manager, click on Host Summary - Add, then add your new name servers with the associated IP addresses.