The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about nameserver

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by angelsp, Jul 26, 2008.

1. angelsp

angelsp Member

They helped me set up my server's nameserver, ns1.myname.com
    ns2.myname.com

I assume, after I and other user who use my space, will use above namesever as DNS server, so that their domain name can be recognized and link to my space, am I right?

Myname.com = my domain name, it's using now, in a shared hosting, still running.

to make the nameserver work, do I have to change something? the DNS setting for myname.com now is that hosting company's DNS.

I don't know what to do now, thanks for help.

2. Rickvz

Rickvz Well-Known Member

You will need to register the nameservers and their IP addresses with the registrar for your domain. Some registrars such as GoDaddy have a section in their domain management for registering them as hosts. You would enter ns1 and ns2 along with the IP addresses so that they can be used as nameservers.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

To use your own nameservers, first of all you need to create two A records for ns1 and ns2 and then create childnameservers for these ns1 and ns2 records from the domain control panel of your domain.