About to exceed bandwidth limit msg doesnt work

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
9 of my sites have been getting this msg, supposedly, for the past 5 days. They are not even getting this msg. I am the only one getting it. And then i get bounced msgs from the sites that are supposed to be getting the msg.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
forced failure:

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

id 19Axzk-0004cN-00
for [email protected]; Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:16:00 -0700
To: [email protected]
Subject: The domain tambayanonline.net (tambayan) is about to exceed bandwidth limit
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:16:00 -0700

The domain tambayanonline.net (tambayan) has reached 80% of its bandwidth limit.
Please contact the system admin as soon as possible.

THIS SUCKS!

Faldran

May 28, 2002
Easy solutions, since it looks like you have your default address for :Fail: you should create a forward for adim, to go to your main mail box.

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
Thanks, yes when i ran the above command i got

[email protected] is undeliverable:

But the user has [email protected] in his contact so why is Cpanel trying to interrogate [email protected]? If sites have :FAIL: setup then all these will bounce. Isnt Cpanel supposed to be sending email to the contact information address. Whats this admin stuff? That means every reseller we have with a FAIL in their default will never receive email.

Last edited:

howard

Apr 20, 2003
no idea why cpanel is trying [email protected] atm having :fail: will always generate a bounce message when mail is sent to a address this can used if say a certain address is being spammed to high heaven then you can put in :fail: address getting loads of spam then exim will always bounce any message to that address with the aforementioned message