The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute Directory path definition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sqwale, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sqwale

sqwale Registered

Jan 19, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am a newbie with cPanel and web design in whole. I designed my website using WAMP (windows Apache MySQL and PHP) on my computer. I used to the following statements in my intialize function to ease refrecning of including files.

// DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR is a PHP pre-defined constant
    // (\ for Windows, / for Unix)
    defined('SITE_ROOT') ? null 

defined('LIB_PATH') ? null define('LIB_PATH'SITE_ROOT.DS.'includes');
    I thought the below changes would keep it working.However it doesn't seem to be working.

('DS') ? null define('DS'DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

defined('SITE_ROOT') ? null 

defined('LIB_PATH') ? null define('LIB_PATH'DS."home".DS."includes");
    1. I thought it should be fine to leave my include file out of the public_html as it has sensitive scripts. I suspect the webpages would still have access to it?
    2. The first time i tried setting it up it displayed php errors however now it it just displays error 500 internal problem. I would really like to be able to see the errors when i try access my .php pages from browser.

Does anyone know what i should do?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The "500 Internal Server Error" response could be indicative of a number of different problems. In your cPanel, check the "Error Log" option under the "Logs" section. You may be able to see more details on the exact error message. If you can post that here, we may be able to offer more information on the cause of the problem.

Also, you may want to consider contacting your web hosting provider. They should able to access the Apache error log and determine the cause of the problem.

Thank you.