The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept mail only from certin IP's?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ee99ee, May 2, 2006.

1. ee99ee

ee99ee Well-Known Member

We use an outside spam filitering service for *some* of our customers (the ones who pay for it). Is there a way to have Exim only accept incoming mail from a certain IP address for certin domains? It should only be accepting mail from our spam filtering service.

If we filtered all domains, it would be a matter of a simple firewall rule to block SMTP traffic except from those IP's of our spam filtering service; however mail must still flow directly into the server for customers who do not use the spam filtering service.

-Chris

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can certainly do that using exim ACL's. It's probably been addressed before on the forums, but otherwise, some light reading over at exim.org and possibly in their FAQ might help.

3. cytexone

cytexone Member

Can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to do the same thing without messing anything up.

We only want to accept incoming mail from a few IPs.

Thanks

4. ee99ee

ee99ee Well-Known Member

I was never able to get this working exactly right, but honestly I didn't spend too much time on it. You just need to setup an ACL in Exim for it...

5. oshea1

oshea1 Member

More and more domains requesting mail filter services

Hi to all,

WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.6.0-R15076
    CENTOS Enterprise 3.9 x86_64 - WHM X v3.1.0
    Exim v4

I have searched the forums high and low and can not find the solution to the following issue.

I have some client domains on my server that have paid for a mail filtering (sanitizing) service offsite.
    Their MX records point to the 3rd party service and that service returns the mail back to my server for delivery to the recipent@thatdomain.com.

The spammers aim their spam at the A record for the domain and the server accepts that mail and gets through my filters to the customers mail box.

Is there a way to only accept the mail for that domain from the 3rd party service IP's or MX.filterCo.com.

I just want to close the loop so that only mail from the 3rd party service gets to the customer domain.

Regards

Tim

6. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

I havent tested this so it could be completely wrong, but I'm thinking something like this might work in the RCPT ACL

Code:
    deny    message       = You are not permitted to relay to this domain
            domains       = domain1.com:domain2.com
            condition = ${if match{$sender_host_name}{\Npermittedsender.com$\N}{yes}{no}}

7. ee99ee

ee99ee Well-Known Member

What would be something along the same lines if I wanted to include the domains to be filtered in a text file in /etc?

-Chris