The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

access 3rd party scripts (like PHPMyAdmin) using API!

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by 2mhost.com, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 2mhost.com

2mhost.com Active Member

Hi,

We have built very good admin area for our clients where they can check billing matters, submit support tickets, ..etc and they also can reset their cPanel passwords, ..etc using cPanel API.

thankfully, and using this nice PHP class in:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/xml-api-php-class-version-1-0-a-136449.html

we could extend our software so users no longer to know about cPanel, our clients are newbies and they can't understand what admin area is, what is cPanel, ..etc

so using your nice API, our clients literally can handle everything from single screen and using single loings for every cpanel hosting accounts they own!

we only have single problem, how to access third party softwares that come with cPanel, like PHPmyAdmin and Awstate, passing logins in URL to process the http authentication does not work in IE, what is our options? is there a way to silently sent logins to cPanel so we get user authenticated then redirect to PHPMyadmin ..etc?

2. leefrom

leefrom Active Member

I'm afraid that's going to be a bit tough, if I'm reading you right.

I presume that using your software, the user never actually logs into cpanel, correct? You do it for them?

Really it depends on the exact context you are working in. BTW I know of no reason that the login URL's shouldn't work in IE--if that worked would it solve your problem?

3. 2mhost.com

2mhost.com Active Member

Actually, the user never login to cPanel.

he login to his account on our software using email address to manage his hosting account(s), he choose single account and using your API, our software fetch his email accounts, subdomains, ..etc, within our software the user can create email accounts, create MySQL dbs,..etc everything within nice Ajax interface.

so the client have single point of access to multiple hosting accounts that spread over multiple servers, I even use FTP client run as Java applet!

so far everything works fine, what I need to do now is to find a way to let user fire PHPMYadmin and Awstate with single click on a link .. what I do write in that link?

http://user_name:password@IP:2082/frontend/x3/sql/PhpMyAdmin.html

does not work in IE, any idea? any workaround

4. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Applications like phpMyAdmin are 3rd-party for cPanel, so we have the login scripted. There is not an abstraction layer in cPanel for all 3rd-party application logins; login is handled when the page is requested and served. Therefore it's not feasible to use an API to access them. My hunch is that most any implementation of such functionality would yield to cross-site scripting issue, unless you did a some sort of polling/distilling in your backend.

You'd need to create your own authenticate method (in your application) using the users credentials (stored on the cPanel system) to access the web apps directly.

Regards,
    -DavidN

5. 2mhost.com

2mhost.com Active Member

please ..!!?

6. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

So if I understand this right, you setup another program to call cpanel functions that serves the exact same purpose as Cpanel? :eek:

Why ??? :confused:

That's the whole entire point of Cpanel!

WHM --- For the server administrators managing the server
    Cpanel --- For the end users managing their hosting accounts

7. hbidad

hbidad Well-Known Member

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but you want cPanel to create and API for phpmyadmin (by example) and Implement that API in the cPanel core?

Toss out phpmyadmin and you are wanting cpanel to create an API for mysql?

Isn't this is what action hooks are for? Just trying to understand this is all.