trout21

Apr 2, 2004
Hello,

things have taken a turn for the worse. . . site went offline a few days back - and I ended up restarting the server - everything has been okay since then relatively. Quite a few packets dropping and a few wrappers terminating... not much else in any logs to point to why the site went down!?

Now today when I try to log into whm or cPanel https:// i get

Forbidden
You were denied access because:
Access denied by access control list.

?? Now whats this all about - I can ssh in no problem and access the sites but I just can't use cpanel. Anyone have any clue to whats going on here?

thank you for any reply
trout

trout21

Apr 2, 2004
confused now

Hmm.. somethings possibly gone tits up with my computer instead.... I have now just rebooted into Lycoris to run Mozilla (was on XP with ie 6.0 before) - and have found that there is no problem at all loggin into cpanel?!

Will investigate....

Anyone have any pointers? Feel free to post to this thread!

trout21

Apr 2, 2004
arrg

Think the problem may have been that a trojan had attempted to take control of ie - lucky that the thing couldn't get a connection out through the firewall! crappy windows . . . thats my mind made up now!! gonna move all my stuff completely over to one of the linux distros I have partitioned! - and change every pwd I have

nice little thread there all to myself . . . :)

trout21

Apr 2, 2004
Tell your client to run updated AV software on their computer including the latest spyware software.

The problem that I had was that a malicious program had taken control of ie... and attempted to parse all connections through proxy settings.... that is why my error came up as far as I could see.

Also why I had not problem in any other browser!