Access denied for user 'swhisa_swhisa'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

proudlyphp

Registered
Jul 29, 2008
I am a newbie for cPanel. Recently, we registered for cPanel and I am assigned to administer the web-based database management system. Since we are client to the www.cpanel.net and we get the access through the username and pasword. Once we are connected to this panel, I have access to the MySql database through the username and password using and php code. That is the process.

Below is what I have been doing. I have set privileges in the PhpMyAdmin. I have given you the php connection code. And finally I tried everything with an query string, the last php code I showed you.

Users in swhisadb
swhisa_swhisa (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

And again I wrote the code inside the connecttodb.php just after connecting, as you recommended. I will show you the improved code and the new error message I got as below:

The following is the connection string.

Code: ( text )

1. <?php
2. define('MYSQL_HOST','localhost');
3. define('MYSQL_USER','swhisa_swhisa');
4. define('MYSQL_PASS','#nd3R');
5. define('MYSQL_DB','swhisa_swhisadb');
6. if(!mysql_connect (MYSQL_HOST, MYSQL_USER, MYSQL_PASS)){die (mysql_error()); } mysql_select_db(MYSQL_DB);
8. $grt = "GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'swhisa_swhisa'@'%'";
9. mysql_query($grt) or die(mysql_error());
11. ?>

The following is the insert query string
Code: ( text )

3. <?php
4. ob_start();
6. include ('../common/connecttodb.php');
7. echo "Connection Successful!<br>";
9. $sho = "INSERT INTO `swhisadb`.`tblsug` SET `2ma`=445";
10. mysql_query($sho) or die(mysql_error());
12. header('Location:../index.php');
14. ob_end_flush();
15. ?>

After all this, I have the following new error message: Access denied for user 'swhisa_swhisa'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

What is going wrong? Please help.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
It could be the hash sign in the password. This is really something you need to ask your hosting provider about, though.

proudlyphp

Registered
Jul 29, 2008
still the same problem

Thank you. As per your comment, I removed the hash sign and changed my password to nd3R123. But still the problem is the same error message as Access denied for user 'swhisa_swhisa'@'localhost' (using password: YES).

Please help

Last edited: