The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access Horde Behind Proxy (squid)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nyoman, Jan 8, 2009.

1. nyoman

nyoman Active Member

Our user (company) running squid (for web filtering) and has issue on access Horde (webmail) on cpanel, we does not have this issue before (we host on Plesk server)

If we use proxy (transparent or manual) we can login to http://webmail.domain.com/ but when we choose Horde we got error Page Can not Display (on IE) and redirected to http://127.0.0.1:2095/horde/login.php?Horde=e8b0c366fa565740b64fd7b02d92cf8a on Firefox

But we does not have problem when we open directly to http://webmail.domain.com:2095/

What is the problem? Horde? Cpanel? or Squid?

Thanks

Nyoman:confused:

2. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is an issue that existed in older versions of cpanel. I for certain that this has been fixed inside of the 11.24 version of cpanel, I am uncertain as to if this is fixed inside of 11.23 (currently our stable tree)

3. acenetgeorge

acenetgeorge Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cPanelMatt,

We have a client ask us about this today. He is getting the page can not be displayed error. We are running WHM 11.24.4-R33472.

4. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Matt,

We're using cPanel 11.24.4-C36167 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9 and some clients are still getting this error.

5. tom_taylor

tom_taylor Active Member

I also get this issue when using varnish http cache and trying to access horde webamil when proxied.

Can this please be fixed, or is there an easy way to hack at some cpanel/whm code for now!?

Thanks

6. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Upon attempting to reproduce the issue I was unable to experience the same symptoms when testing Horde. When I accessed webmail via the proxy sub-domain and clicked to load Horde the session allowed me to login to Horde normally and did not redirect to an unexpected location nor did it open to a URL that uses one of the two webmail ports (2095 for non-SSL or 2096 for SSL). This testing was performed using the latest EDGE build of cPanel version 11.25, at the time of writing this build was 11.25.0-EDGE_41121.

Please ensure your cPanel version is the latest for your build tree and that automatic updates are enabled. If using the latest version for your build tree, as seen on our downloads page, and if the issue persists please consider submitting a ticket. The link in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission.

The following downloads page will show the latest version information for each build tree:
    Downloads (#Builds) - cPanel Inc.

If needed, you may perform a cPanel update (or a forced cPanel update) using one of the following commands via root SSH access:
    Code:
    # /scripts/upcp
    # /scripts/upcp --force