The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access Hosts Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djbob2, May 10, 2006.

1. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have a problem on my hosting network. I need to access the SQL database on one of my server through another one, but I cannot. Both servers are cPanel. I need this because I keep a seperate account on a different provider for my main support site in case of downtimes, and I need to have it be able to access my main server's database.

However, whenever I try doing this, I get the following error:
    Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'djbob_storage@node103.jump-server.net' (Using password: YES) in /home/ashoat/public_html/index/test.php on line 2
    Access denied for user: 'djbob_storage@node103.jump-server.net' (Using password: YES)
    I have set up Access Hosts for both the hostname (node103.jump-server.net) and for the IP (63.246.154.30), trying through both cPanel and WHM, both nothing works. Any ideas? I would appreciate any help I can get.

djbob

2. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

Well the error says '/home/ashoat/public_html/index/test.php' on line 2 contains the error, so maybe the test.php line 2 contains variables that don't match your server(s).

3. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

I created a specific test file with four lines, and no variables. Everything is typed out. The stuff is definetely correct.

Code:
    <?php
    $sql['connection'] = mysql_connect ('heliohost.org:3306','djbob_storage','******') or die(mysql_error());
    $sql['database'] = mysql_select_db ('djbob_storage', $sql['connection']) or die(mysql_error());
    ?>

4. zenpig66

zenpig66 Active Member

doesn't look to be the case from the error message but if you have a firewall which blocks all ports until they are explicitly allowed have you opened up the remote mysql port?...3306 I believe. And, if you have skip-networking in your mysql.cnf you may want to try commenting that out and restarting mysql, too. Basic stuff but it's usually what's right in front of ones nose that causes the grief :)

#4 zenpig66, May 10, 2006
    Last edited: May 10, 2006
  5. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Can you please tell me where I can find this "mysql.cnf" file? I tried a locate but I didn't find anything. And on regards to the firewall, I do not have a firewall installed on the network ;)

Thanks!

6. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

I believe you meant my.cnf? If so, here is the file:
    Code:
    [mysqld]
    set-variable = max_connections=500
    safe-show-database
    Does anyone have any clue what I can do to fix this problem? I would really appreciate any help I can get.

#6 djbob2, May 11, 2006
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  7. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

I guess a little incentive wouldn't hurt :)
    I'll offer $10 to whoever can fix this problem for me.

8. neojones

neojones Active Member

Is it that you are not able to connect to the database of that remote server from node103.jump-server.net ? Are you able to connect to the database from other locations?

9. djbob2

djbob2 Well-Known Member

I am not sure. I haven't tried, since I only have two servers. Do you think that the caller might be causing the problem?

10. neojones

neojones Active Member

Hi,

It is worth checking...