The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

access problems...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Santoman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Santoman

Santoman Member

Hey Folks - I'm wondering if someone can help me. I CANNOT ssh into my box. I cannot also create new accounts via cpanel. It just hangs.

When I ssh in, I get login and password prompt. I put them in, and it hangs.

I WAS getting stats performance messages, but I turned off stats.

I've deleted all the domlog logs as well.

Any one else seen this or have any ideas what might be causing this?

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-C112
    RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

2. Santoman

Santoman Member

SSH = No, TELNET = No, Console = No

So, I tried the remote console from ev1 as well, and that didn't work. I am only able to put in login and password, then it hangs. Ugh.

I CAN use WHM, I can't do an upgrade, and my cpbackup is not running nor is my log file analyzer done at 4:00am.

Anyone have any ideas?

3. Santoman

Santoman Member

Cpanel Update...

Also, when I try from WHM to do a Cpanel Update, It starts, does a sync source fetches, then gets to:

Ftp Quota Check v1.0
    Doing a manual update...
    Cpanel updates are coming from layer2.cpanel.net

And that where it just SITS. Forever.

I'm trying everything I can to figure this out without bringing down the server, so any suggestions would be welcomed. :)

Thanks,

Steve

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're not getting any response from the serial console after logging in then you have no choice other than to reboot. Likely causes are looping/out of control processes consuming all the server resources resulting in memory, CPU or I/O thrashing, file system corruption, or faulty hardware (esp memory or disk).

Edit: Also, if you use a local iptables firewall, make sure it doesn't have 100's or 1000's of IP address blocks in it after the reboot.

5. Santoman

Santoman Member

Well, the server HAS been rebooted, and I still couldn't get in, but then it was only brought up part way without cpanel, and was able to get in and start things up manually, as well as do a upcp. I'll see how it is after I reboot it and come up normally... :(

6. rzderich

rzderich Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Searching on the forum I find these thread. I do have the same issues:

From the network
    SSH: I can get the login prompt but after i put the user and password (root) then just hangs forever.

From local console: No prompt at all, no way to login. That mean im unable to login from the local (physical) console at the DC.

Setup:

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-C66
    CentOS 3.8 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Machine is running out of space in the /var and /home partitions, so i have to login to free some space, or the system will stop working soon.

Backup is not working.
    Rebooting do not solve the issue.

Any help is welcome, im near of a point of no return due the lack of space in var and home, the server will stop soon. These is the first time i ever seen something like these. I do have a second machine with same login problem but at least it still have free space.

Best regards

Roy