The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

access to a dir from 2 sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tgavin, Apr 26, 2008.

1. tgavin

tgavin Well-Known Member

I have a dir for images on www.siteA.com.
    I have a script for uploading those images on www.siteB.com.

I have no experience with users/groups, but am assuming that I would need to do something along those lines to get the permission for site B to upload images into /tmp and move them to the dir on site A (/home/siteA/public_html/uploads/).

Could somebody please help me by telling me exactly what I am supposed to do to achieve this?

Thank you!

2. SupportedServer

SupportedServer Registered

Assuming that both of these sites are hosted on the same server, you should be able to configure the user permissions to allow the uploads. Another option would be to host both sites in the same cPanel account, which would override all user permission errors. To do so, you should be able to add the second domain name to the primary cPanel account, then transfer the files to the home directory for the second domain. You can then configure your script to upload the images to whichever directory you choose.

PM if you have any questions.

3. tgavin

tgavin Well-Known Member

Yes, they're on the same server. How do I configure the user permissions to allow the uploads?

They're on separate domains because I needed a distinct name and SSL for each. I can't modify that.

4. SupportedServer

SupportedServer Registered

Which Apache modules do you have loaded, and what is your current PHP configuration? Send me a private message with a link to your PHP info and I'll test a few possibilities for you.