Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Access website using VPS IP Address?

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by HO PK, Oct 18, 2018.

1. HO PK

HO PK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, i want to ask something perhaps it will look dumb since i am just a beginner at this WHM and cPanel settings, but if anyone knows pls help me.

1. My friend has this website, example : abc123.com. He also bought a VPS and got his own VPS IP Address, example : 123.456.789.0

2. When i paste the VPS IP Address : 123.456.789.0 to my browser URL box and enter it, it will display his website : abc123.com

3. I also have my own website and i just bought a VPS but i still cannot find the way to set it from WHM or cPanel for this 3 days since i have 0 experience at this setting. My friend won't tell me how to do that because of business competing.

4. I have searched for 3 days at google, this cPanel forum and etc. But i still can't get the correct information since i don't know exactly the correct "term" for this function.

If anyone knows how to set it pls help me. Thanks !

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @HO PK

This is possible when you have an IP address dedicated to the account. When you have 1 IP address it is shared between all services (hostname, nameservers, domains etc.) and by default will load the default web page. When you have an IP address dedicated to the account the primary domain's VirtualHost is used. If you don't have access to WHM to add more IP's and change your IP you'll need to request your host provide you with a dedicated IP address, keep in mind that this is usually done for an additional fee.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HO PK

HO PK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Lauren. Yes, i have my own Dedicated IP Address from my VPS account.
    Is there any article or video that explain about this problem ? so i can learn how to set it myself. Thanks !

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...