The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing cpanel from public computers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nasplet, Jun 13, 2011.

1. nasplet

nasplet Member

Hi

I have recently migrated to my new VPS with WHM/Cpanel installed on it. I used to be at hostgator shared hosting.

I have problem accessing cpanel and WHM from some public computers.

When I enter domain.net:2083, I get:

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR):SSL protocol error.

I used to have the same problem at hostgator and their support told me to access the cpanel by going to cpanel.domain.net as some ports were being blocked. Can you please help me how to enable this solution to blocked ports on my VPS as well? Or any other method will do, just so I can access my cpanel from those computers also.

thank you very very much in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

"Proxy Subdomains" should be enabled by default under the "Domains" tab in "WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings". This will allow you to access services such as cPanel, WHM, Webmail, and Web Disk through Apache. If this is not working, please ensure the following Apache modules are installed on your VPS:

Mod_Proxy
    Mod_Rewrite

If they are, could you confirm if the DNS for the domain name in question is handled on the same server, or is it handled by a remote server? If the DNS for the domain name is hosted elsewhere, you will need to manually add "A" entries at it's DNS host for the cpanel/whm/webmail/webdisk entries pointing to your server's IP address.

Thank you.

3. alphareseller

alphareseller Member

Hi,

I have the similar issue but in the opposite way. I can access my WHM through secured port 2087, but unable to access to it without port number - https://whm.mysite.com. When I take the port out of the URL, I've got below error.

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR):SSL protocol error.

Is there any other settings that I need to change under WHM? I would like to access to my WHM without port number. Thank you.

#3 alphareseller, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011