The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing getsqlbackup and getbackup from WHM

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Tagmeo, May 25, 2010.

1. Tagmeo

Tagmeo Registered

The API currently allows you to generate a full backup for any user, but is there a way to access the getsqlbackup and getbackup "functions" that cPanel user's have access to?

What I'm trying to do is backup databases and home directories only to a remote server, and I would only have WHM access.

Is this possible, or would doing a bunch of cURL calls and following the process that one would take to, for example, go to Account Information, List Accounts, and then clicking on the cPanel icon, be the only way to do this?

Hope the above makes sense, if not, let me know.

2. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is possible, if you have the Tweak Setting "Allow reseller override" enabled (it is by default), you can authenticate to :2083/getbackup/ using the desired user's username and the root password.

3. Tagmeo

Tagmeo Registered

Ah, damn, I'm so stupid. Maybe it used to be that you could login to a user's cPanel with the root USERNAME and password. That's what I was trying to do but always go the "Could not fetch uid or gid for : root" error. The username, however, has to be the cPanel user, but the password has to be root's. Damn, thanks so much.