Accessing my CPanel from work?

Phree

Nov 17, 2005
South Coast of England
Hi all,

new to the forums - but not so new to CPanel so new noob questions concerning it - as such.

I have a problem! I can access my CPanel just fine at home, but at work it appears they have restricted access...When I try to go to it, I receive this error:

Code:
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The host server is unreachable. (10065) 
Date: 18/11/2005 05:06:57 
Server: myworkserver.thatican't.publish
Source: proxy
:mad:

I'm guessing they've put a stop to it, but is there another way I can reach it from the office? I can access my actual domain at work no problem via my web browser, I can check my web-mail, just not get to CPanel...

Thanks to anyone!

DeepakW

Nov 13, 2005
Check your Firewall

Hello Phree,

Check the antivirus and firewall configured on your system. It seems to be blocking the
port 2083 which is required for cpanel. Disable the firewall/antivirus and check it.

Last edited:

Phree

Nov 17, 2005
South Coast of England
Hi Deepak,

heh heh, I wish I could do as you suggest...I think my Tech Support & Sys Admins might be a little cross with me if I did that :eek:

I thought it was something like that - just needed confirmation. I think I'll have to forget about accessing it at work..

Thanks for the reply :)

cjmwebdesigns

Dec 20, 2003
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
When installing this, as I was reading the instructions today, is it neccesasry to install it in subdomains webmail and WHM?

I mean if I offer it as cpanel.domain.tld or webmail.domain.tld, shouldn't that be enough or does all that have to be done in order to make it work?

Thanks,

cjmwebdesigns

Dec 20, 2003
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hey Dalem,

I was trying to re-post but my computer has just begun giving me problems! Not sure why, but, whatever, I guess that is my next challenge of the day.

As I was sitting here waiting for my cpanel backups to download so I could burn them to disk, I realized just what this program was going to do and why it was called cpanel / whm / webmail.

I just ready really fast and initially thought it was only for mail!

Whoops.... :(