The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessing php code in cgi-bin=>500 http error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dmgens, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dmgens

dmgens Well-Known Member

Folks:

when I try to use a form action ./cgi-bin/test.php Ii get a 500 error. Of I access it in the root directory then it alright. I'm using VSP whm.cpanel and the other vhosts are allowing access to cgi-bin, I have checked the oewner and chmod of the several cgi-bun directories and thay are consitant, and the apache vhost sections are the same, Any Ideas?

2. dmgens

dmgens Well-Known Member

Need to allow php procssing from cgi-bin

Folks,

The http 500 error on <form action="./cgi-bin/test.php"> is killing me, I have gone gaga staring at google search results: What I need is someone to indicate which files to change and how to change them to a;;ow apache to do this. It works in xampp on my windows system, which is apache 2 as well as my linux system. I'm using suexec on both systems. Any Help, Please!!

3. britsenigma

britsenigma Well-Known Member

A 500 Error will be logged. There is an error_log available through /cpanel for any user account.

4. JPC-Shaun

JPC-Shaun Well-Known Member

Hi;

The permissions for the cgi Scripts should be 755 and ownership should be user.user. If this is consistent then try to empty the apache log files on the server at the location /usr/local/apache/logs. Please use the following steps to do this.

cd /usr/local/apache/logs
    > suphp_log
    > suexec_log
    > access_log