The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing remote db with cpanel's phpmyadmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by MarkPW, Feb 17, 2008.

1. MarkPW

MarkPW Member

I'm moving one of my databases over to a seperate server and I'm attempting to configure phpmyadmin (the default cpanel install) to access it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I've specified my remote/db server's ip address in the phpmyadmin config file (as a second server) and I can establish a mysql connection to the remote server fine via ssh. I just can't see my remote server within phpmyadmin.

I'm guessing it's because I'm logged in to phpmyadmin as root and I've not granted permissions to root on my remote server (I wasn't sure whether this was safe). I have however, granted permission to the database/mysql user that I am moving over there (myusername_user), but I'm not able to directly log in to phpmyadmin with this username - it will only authorise the cpanel username "myusername", which again, will not allow me to access the remote database, only the locally created one.

Would anyone know what steps I need to take to allow me to access the remote database via cpanel's phpmyadmin?

Your help would be appreciated.

2. EWD

EWD Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Same issue here. Anyone have any ideas?

Setup the remote mysql server and all work fine except phpmyadmin.