Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Accessing WHM and cPanel from behind a firewall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JHC, Sep 15, 2006.

1. JHC

JHC Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to access my VPS (both WHM and cPanel) from behind my work's firewall... Whenever I have to jump on our VPN (Virtual Private Network) I am not able to access my VPS through WHM or any of my accounts through cPanel.

I use this when not logged on to the VPN - vps.mydomain.com/whm and that gets me into WHM no problem.

I also use anotherdomain.com/cpanel and that gets me into my cPanel no problem... but when doing so from work or through our VPN when I work from home I can't access anything.

Is there a way of getting around this... there are times when I need to access my accounts from work...

Thanks in advance.

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. JHC

JHC Member

Thank you! Thank you!

I just logged on using my VPN ID and worked like a charm... I am assuming it will work equally as well when I am at work on that network. Will find out this afternoon.

Thanks a lot.