The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally deleted mail folder PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Paul2291, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Paul2291

Paul2291 Registered

In the cpanel file manager I selected all and pressed delete in order to get rid of the existing website making way for a new one I was in the process of uploading. The problem is that I must have deleted the mail folder along with everything else. The website is up and running fine but It is important that I retrieve the email accounts I previously had, as they contain important info.
    I have sent the hosting company an email and am currently waiting on a reply to see if they can do anything about it, but in the mean time, I was hoping some one would know a way in which to recover the email accounts and or mail folder?
    I have been looking through Cpanel and can see on the side bar, under email accounts, 8/infinity which looks to me as though the accounts are still there but need to be found.

Help would be very very much appreciated

Thanks in Advanced

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your host is the only hope here, or, if you took a backup before making any major changes like this (you should have) you might be able to restore this from backup. If you have no backup, we can only hope that he has a backup.

Did you by chance use the Legacy File Manager? I ask as it has a trash can feature the new File Manager does not.

If there was no important email in the accounts, recreating that directory and the email accounts should be easy enough for your host. If there was important stuf you can't do without, a backup is your best bet here.

GL!

3. Paul2291

Paul2291 Registered

Thanks for your reply, I am getting the host to do a back date of the entire website and hopefully through that I will be able to regain access to my accounts.
    In terms of the Legacy File Manager, I did in fact get into that and saw the trash can, but it has two options... the first is emptying the trash can by clicking it, the other is 'click the object below to restore' but there is nothing below, so im not quiet sure what to do there?

thanks

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If there are objects in Trash there, they would be listed below the can. If all you see is that text, theres nothing in there.

Sounds like your host has backups, great news!

Backup backup backup! You can never go wrong with a BACKUP!
    (Thats a lil song I wrong I wrote many years ago)