The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Copy is broke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE, Apr 24, 2002.

1. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

Account Copy is broke, we need a script to correct this. all sites moved. in WHM clicking on Modify Account, pick any site, click SAVE. it shows on the list with old datacenters IP's on each account in every file /var/cpanel/users/

BWLIMIT=551048576000
    DNS=clientdomain.com
    DNS1=clientdomain.com
    IP=66.**.**.*** && IP from another datacenter
    LANG=english
    MAXFTP=1
    MAXLST=1
    MAXPOP=10
    MAXSQL=0
    MAXSUB=0
    OWNER=root
    PLAN=Plan I
    RS=iconic
    STARTDATE=1013967040

New datacenter says this will costs us $$$ for them to create a script, however this problem was created by cpanel and I dont think we should have to pay someone to correct it.

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Does that field even have any bearing?
    That may be a bug with account copy, true, but I'm not sure that actually has any bearing on the webserver/ftpserver/dns server setup.

Were the virtual hosts in apache setup with the NEW ips? And proftpd.conf ? And the zones for the nameserver?

I've never seen that part of the cpanel profile hold bearing over the vital services that actually depend on IPs, that's the only thing.

Definitely report this as a bug with &account copy& , if you can duplicate this issue on various machines.

3. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

I had responded to the datacenter with that question,

TYS: Does this hurt anything or problems leaving it alone?

DC: Only when a user runs into a limit different than what is showing in the users cpanel. Then you will have to explain or give something for free.