The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account copyed, backup disabled ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silent Ninja, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Silent Ninja

Silent Ninja Well-Known Member

I've noticed that on some accounts I've migrated from one of our server to another that the file cpbackup-exclude.conf appeared on both sides of the account (the one on the original server, and the one on the new server).

So all my migrated accounts are not being backed up on the previous server nor in the new one.

I believe that's done to avoid backing up migrated accounts, but the file should be removed after the copy to the new server. I'm using incremental backups and cPanel Release version (11.25).

Could you guys check if there's some mistake on the restorepkg that doesn't erase that file on a migration ?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure I understand the question, but that file should be located on all accounts. If the user has not touched it it would be an empty file. Have you checked it?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What are the exact contents of the file(s) in question?

Infopro is correct; it is normal for the files to exist and the fact that one or more are present does not indicate that a given cPanel account will or will not have a backup generated by the cpbackup process. For a more verbose and detailed explanation please refer to the official documentation as seen here: Excluding Files from Backup Using cpbackup-exclude.conf

4. Silent Ninja

Silent Ninja Well-Known Member

Hehe, you're right, it's an empty file.

The backups are going ok, it was a false alarm because the backup was not properly setup.

Thanks for your help :)