wisenerl

Sep 27, 2006
Hi,

I was just creating some new cpanel accounts in WHM, all was going well then I got this error:

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

It still created the account and seemed to set it all up but on the account list the IP shows as "MISSING".

Logs showed:

[2012-11-20 16:29:29 +0300] warn [whostmgr5] Failed to create /home/ww2fligh/.cpanel/contactinfo: Permission denie$
Cpanel::FileUtils::TouchFile::touchfile('/home/ww2fligh/.cpanel/contactinfo') called at /usr/local/cpanel/$
Cpanel::CustInfo::Save::_savecontactinfo('/home/ww2fligh', 1, 'email', '******@gmail.com') called at $
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct('maxpop', 'n', 'mxcheck', 'local', 'force', undef, 'homedir', '', 'ow$
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount('contactemail', 'le***[email protected]', 'sign', '', 'maxpop',$
Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount('contactemail', 'l****@gmail.com', 'sign', '', 'maxpop', $
main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5 line 224

Any ideas on what is going wrong and how to resolve?

wisenerl

Sep 27, 2006
I know why, it's a VPS and the provider is limiting users to 15. Hence it was fine up to 14...

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Ahhh interesting, glad you found the answer. Can you get more IP address or are you going to set up a shared IP.
Hello :)

The error message indicates the VPS was at it's limit for the "quotaugidlimit" parameter on the VPS. This value can be increased from the VPS hardware node. It's not related to the IP addresses.

Thank you.