The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Creation Failed (suspected dns prob)

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by OwenMelbz, Jan 2, 2007.

1. OwenMelbz

OwenMelbz Registered

Right We've got a cPanel and WHM installation installed on a Fedora 4 Machine.

Its working and everything name servers everything

BUT i created a new account with reseller access for example domain2.com

it all works its self however when i try create an account through it on a subdomain for example subdomain.domain2.com it creates fine but 404 appears even after a 3 day wait.

Whereas in the root account account creation is instant

I can view www.rootdomain.com/~username

i can also create a account on a subdomain which is allready working like sub.rootdomain.com

that works fine. So im suspecting there is a problem with the DNS on the domain2.com

Can anybody help me setup a reseller with all the DNS settings so it can also have its own name servers being ns1.domain2.com and ns2.domain2.com.

the cPanel license ip is 195.242.236.144 it has a full leased license not a trial

any help would be much appricated thankyou

- Owen

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can only set up a subdomain subdomain.domain2.com if you own and control and host domain2.com. Do you?

3. OwenMelbz

OwenMelbz Registered

yup :) when i mean subdomain i mean in WHM when i create a new account that isnt 1st level tld so it will be for eg domain.host.com