The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account creation problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benke, Aug 21, 2005.

1. benke

benke Registered

Hi,

I added a new account through whm and all seemed fine but when I listed the accounts the new account was not there. However even though the account was not listed I could see the account when modifying accounts or deleting account etc.

I could see the newly created account using the temporary account url [ip]~account but not when using the domain it was setup with.

So i though well I just delete the account and add it again, but it was not possible through whm... when i terminate the account through whm it says it can't be done cause it's in the dns, and when I try to delete the dns zone through whm it says it is deleted but it's not...

What should I do? I'm a almost complete rookie when it comes to working with the shell, that's why I choosed cpanel...:)

Br,
    Benke

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

3. benke

benke Registered

adept2003,

thanks a lot for the swift answer, but as i said I'm really a rookie at shell stuff...

How would I execute /scripts/updateuserdomains ? Is it possible through whm/cpanel or must I use SSH?

I'm very sorry for this rookie question but I've not seen any posting explaining how to execute the command.

Br,

Benke

4. adept2003

5. benke

benke Registered

adept2003,

thanks, I run the command /scripts/updateuserdomains and also /scripts/upcp --force as the first one doesn't fix it... but the problem is not fixed...

As I previously tried to remove the account(to add it later) the above commands may fix the problem with the account if it's there... but I don't know if it's really there...

If I try to add the account again whm complains that Sorry, a DNS entry for domain already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)

But if i try to delete the dns zone from whm it says the it's deleted(and a dns cleanup) but it's not... so I still don't know what to do about it?

any other suggestions?

Br,

benke

6. adept2003

7. benke

benke Registered

Thanks alot,

that stuff did it!

Br,

Benke