Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, that username is reserved.)

nici

Jun 23, 2008
Issue creating account with 'test' in the domain name or username. I have legit domains like 'testforsuccess.com'. Is there a way, i can remove 'test' and 'demo' from the reserved list of cpanel.

Thanks,

Nici S.

thewebhostingdi

Jan 10, 2008
Old Tappen
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
If you have created the test domain then kindly remove the account from the WHM --> Terminate an Account --> Select the domain name and click on Teminate button.

However, if you do not want to remove the domain and if the username are same then kindly change the username by modifying the account and have a try.

nici

Jun 23, 2008
If you have created the test domain then kindly remove the account from the WHM --> Terminate an Account --> Select the domain name and click on Teminate button.

However, if you do not want to remove the domain and if the username are same then kindly change the username by modifying the account and have a try.
Thanks for the reply but that is not what I am after. I want to remove 'test' from the reserved username list that means I should be able to create domains with the username 'test*'

Thanks,

Nici S

robb3369

Mar 1, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We have a domain that we use for testing and software demos called test-demo.net... We had the EXACT same issue, we had to change the username to tstdmont... So you are not alone...