The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Creation Status: Failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedNinja, Nov 22, 2011.

1. RedNinja

RedNinja Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm trying to migrate servers. I used the native transfer function in WHM to move over all of my accounts, but I was prevented from changing the registry to point to the new server immediately thereafter. Now that a few days have passed, there are changes that have been made to files on some accounts, and the database will now include new customers, orders, content, etc. So I wanted to re-move everything to make sure it's up to date. The problem is, when I try to perform the transfer again, I get this error:

Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, a group for that username already exists.)

I can't seem to find a way to re-copy the accounts over now, and I would really hate to have to do it all manually. Is there a way that I can delete the "group" for that username that "already exists"?

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will need to terminate all of the accounts that were transferred on the new machine and re-transfer those accounts to the server. Otherwise, you'd have to do it manually in a loop to package the accounts, copy the packaged accounts over via scp and then loop a forced restore.

Also, for the termination, you can choose to terminate multiple accounts, but please ensure you are on the new server when you do this action and ensure you have backups already existing on the old machine in case you accidentally delete those accounts off the wrong machine. I'm just mentioning this as a precautionary warning as I've seen users have both servers loaded in WHM and pick the wrong machine to terminate accounts.