The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account creation strings???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James R, Jun 11, 2004.

1. James R

James R Registered

i have an auto account creator but to create the account i need to enter account creation strings i was told what format they are inb ut i dont under stand they gave me the example of somthing like
    x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x
    i thin they are all value for parts of the account but i do not know how they work can anyone here help me ?

James Roche

2. armega

armega Member

Im wondering if you are tring to do the same thing I am... I have cpanel access on my server but want to just make my own interface basicly... Is it possible to create an account without going into the WHM?

3. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Yes it is. You can use the Accounting.php module as described
    here (what it sounds like James is trying to use).

If all you have access to, is an end-user cpanel, then I doubt you would have the information needed (account, password, remoteaccess key) to successfully run the module. Why would a cPanel server admin want cPanel end-users to be able to create accounts on their servers?

4. armega

armega Member

I have a server selling accounts... And when they pay with paypal and get sent back to the signup page.. they get to choose there username and pass.. :) Simple stuff.. it's just so they can access there account ASAP..

5. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

That did not come out right. What I meant to ask is why an admin would want end-users being allowed to run (not use) scripts that create additional cpanel user accounts. :cool:

I can understand an admin wanting to run this type of script (hole gets deeper)

We use ModernBill to accomplish this *sort* of thing. We do not however allow fully automated account creation. An admin still needs to review the account and process the creation (takes more to type it than to do it :) ). If you look around, you will see stories from some admins that have had bad experiences with accounts created automatically (from a bad user/spammer/stolen cc perspective, not a technical perspective).

At any rate, the accounting.php module should do the job for you. If you read through the cPanel docs, there is also a way to do this via Perl.

Good luck.