The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vondy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Vondy

Vondy Member

I am doing some semi-pro webhosting for a number of non-profits in my area. I have a computer background, but no Linux/cPanel background. I noted in WHM that there is an account creation function. When using it, does it automatically create a directory folder for the account, or do I have to do that before I create the account? If so, where do I do that? Also, if the client wants eMail and FTP access, can create those accounts in WHM and point them at the account create via "create new account."?

If these have already been answered in previous threads I apologize - and would appreciate links. :eek:

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You don't have to do anything before creating an account. When an account is created all the required entries are made in the necessary configuration files. You will also be able to specify the number of Ftp accounts, email accounts, databases etc. for that account while creating account.

A directory will be created under the /home with the same username you specify while creating the account. Once the account is created, you can create ftp accounts, email accounts, addon, subdomains etc.. from cPanel of the account and not from WHM. To access cPanel for the account, use the details as:

http://ServerIP:2082
    user: username of the account
    pass: password of the account

Login details for Ftp is same as above. When you Ftp, you will be in the directory /home/username/. You will have to upload all your website files and directories under /home/username/public_html directory.

Hope this clears many things.

3. DeepakW

DeepakW Active Member

4. Vondy

Vondy Member

Thank you very much. Thats answers several other dependent questions. Now I can get started. :D