The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Defaults

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craigbrass, Apr 21, 2007.

1. craigbrass

craigbrass Active Member

Hello,

I have found that the biggest space waster on our servers is statistics and email filling the default boxes.

Because of this, is there a way that I can automatically set the following :-
    - Statistics to be disabled on all new accounts I create but enablable again by the user.
    - Statistics to be disabled on any new domains that user creates but enablable again by the user.
    - The default address for new accounts I create to be :blackhole:.
    - The default address for any new domains the user creates to be :blackhole:

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

2. craigbrass

craigbrass Active Member

Just a bump as I really need an answer to this.

3. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you look at "Statistics Software Configuration" under Server Configuration? Under "Generator Permissions" check the ones that you want the user to be able to use. If you don't want any turned on unless the user turns them on, then under "Default Generator" uncheck them all.

For your other question go to the next main menu choice down called "Tweak Settings". Under the Mail heading the line "Default catch-all/default address behavior for new accounts. blackhole is usually the best choice if you are getting mail attacks." has 3 choices. Choose the one you desire. I use fail, but there are three choices available.

Ron

4. craigbrass

craigbrass Active Member

Hello,

This has worked fine but one problem.

When I add an addon domain or parked domain to the account I just created, it puts the default address as the account username. Subdomains do it right though and set it to what I set in WHM. How do I get it to work how it should.

Best Regards,
    Craig Brass

5. craigbrass

craigbrass Active Member

Just a bump. Anybody know or is this a cPanel bug?