The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account disapear after domain change!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matins007, Jan 19, 2009.

1. matins007

matins007 Member

Hi,

I just changed my domain name from mydoamin.com to *.mydomain.com using the Modify an Account function in WHM and the account just disappeared! :confused:

It's no longer visible in any list in the Account information and Account functions sections.

I can still access my account with FTP, and I can still see the website at the dedicated IP it had.

Can someone tell me what could've caused this and how to fix this.

Thanks

2. cPanelStephen

cPanelStephen Active Member
    Staff Member

Wild card sub-domains should only be created via the sub-domains section in cPanel. The WHM account modification form should pick up on this fact in the future.

The domain for this account will need to be repaired manually in order for cPanel's accounting functions to pick back up on it's existence. If you require assistance with applying these changes, please file a support request at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?reqtype=tickets

3. matins007

matins007 Member

Thanks, I did fill a support request. But for my own personal curiosity, is there anyone who can tell me how I coud've done this myself?

Thanks.