The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account disappeared after modification !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mher, Sep 12, 2004.

1. mher

mher Well-Known Member

Hello,

Whenever I change a domain for a certain account from modify account in WHM. It's no longer listed in WHM list accounts.

How can I fix this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

2. flipside

flipside Registered

Does anybody have any advice on this I'm having the same problem. Modified accounts vanish in the account listing and become difficult to manage (two different servers now). But they still appear visible under the modify account select box. We do this quite a bit so it would be nice to find a fix. Also changing domains doesn't seem to go all the way through. Can someone tell me where are all the places cpanel lists the accounts (back-end config wise) and the domain names so I can sync it with httpd.conf and get this account working again?

3. artisites

artisites Registered

im having the same problem. anyone?

i changed adomain name from the .net to the .com, still shows up at hostname.com/~username etc but cant see it at all in the whm

help

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Please check if it does have an entry in /etc/userdomains, else try adding it. After that try

/scripts/updateuserdomains

It may help your case. Not sure though.

------
    Aby :)

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If it's not showing up, you probably have to modify httpd.conf manually and fix the old VirtualHost container to cater for the new domain. Changing the domain in that way isn't a great idea and does lead to problems - it usually best to simply park the new domain against the old to avoid such issues.