The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Duplication

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fRAiLtY-, Apr 6, 2010.

1. fRAiLtY-

fRAiLtY- Member

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure this is doable via SSH, but wondered about WHM's inbuilt functionality.

I want to setup 5 accounts all with EXACTLY the same data and database in. So much so each one looks no different when navigated to. Even the databases hold the same information.

I'd just like to call them site1, site2 etc for now. I will go along later and edit the account names when they become active, as they are to be inactive accounts until purchased.

How is this possible and what's the most efficient way of doing it?

Cheers.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure I understand, but you can add any files you like to the cpanel3-skel of the user who creates these accounts. When an account is created the system will copy over all files located in that directory, to the users account.

As for creating a database on account creation, you can do this with cPanel's API. There are multiple threads around the forums that you might find useful, including this one on that topic:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/how-automate-sql-database-creation-upon-new-user-creation-148065.html

Between those two suggestions you should be able to whip up something that suits you. :)

HTH