The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Email Problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TAK, Mar 28, 2004.

1. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

I have an account/username on my server called tak with the domain takinc.net

Now, when you create a cPanel account, it automatically creates an email with that server (in my case: tak)

Currently, I am having a strange problem with the the email tak@takinc.net It will not receive any email. For example: Somone sends email to tak@takinc.net, server deliveres it to the inbox, but nothing shows up. I have tried running /scripts/fixcommonproblems and /scripts/fixpop without any success. My final idea is just to terminate the account and restart from scratch because there is no way to remove the base email for the account and recreate just the email again.

Any suggestions for other ways to fix this before I have to go through the trouble of recreating the account?

2. edesignway

edesignway Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem with a paticular user on one of my servers. If this is an additional email account, delete it and recreate it. If the email address is the username of the account, create the email addresses again (meaning, go into the add email account screen, and even though you see the main account username listed there, create the account again)

That was a solution I found to work for this user.

Regards,
    Tim

3. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

Well, adding the email again if it is the username of the account worked. Though, it's sorta stupid that I have to do that.

I even terminated and recreated the account, but the email would still not work. So I have no idea why this is happening, but at least I can get my email now :)