The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account error after server migration IP -> BLANK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by victomeyezr, Dec 1, 2011.

1. victomeyezr

victomeyezr Well-Known Member

I got this acocunt on the page after a did a full server migration. It wasn't there when the migration was first completed, but appeared afterwords. The site does load, and the cpanel does load (although the cPanel loads as yourdomain.com) It is an actual account, and the website is supposed to be there, so its not likes its was a hacked WHM or anything.

Any thoughts on how I can fix that?

cpanel_error.png

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You mentioned that you completed a migration. To confirm, did you use the cPanel transfer tools to migrate the account, or did you move the files over manually? The image you provided suggests there is cPanel user data missing. Do you receive any errors when you rebuild the Apache configuration file?

Code:
    /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf
    Thank you.

3. victomeyezr

victomeyezr Well-Known Member

I did used cPanel transfer tools, it was not manual. Also I didn't receive any errors during the transfer (It did take 2 full days. lol ). I had already checked the apache conf file and the website and the data was listed properly, but I did run that script.
    Code:
    root@server001 [~]# /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf
    Built /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf OK

This tells me that, that data is stored somewhere else with in cPanel. database maybe? file somewhere.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the following locations for the IP to see that it is the correct one listed:

/var/cpanel/users/username
    /var/cpanel/userdata/username/domain.com
    /var/named/domain.com.db

Of note, you could simply try to change the IP temporarily to a dedicated IP you have (if you don't have a dedicated IP, simply add a bogus IP in WHM > Add a New IP Address area), then after assigning the dedicated IP for the account in WHM > Change Site's IP Address section, change the account back to the prior IP address. That normally corrects all of the zone files and all of the user files that the account has.